To participate in any orienteering event in Tasmania you must become either a Casual or Full Member of OT. Casual Membership is Free.
Full Membership involves joining a club for a small fee (see below). There are significant advantages to joining a club (see below). There are three clubs in Tasmania: Pathfinders, Devonport, Esk Valley Orienteering Club, Launceston and Australopers, Hobart. You can join and pay online following the instructions HERE. Alternatively download an Orienteering membership form and bring it to your next event along with a cash payment.
FREE Full membership might be available to you or your family members. Click here to find out more!
Benefits of Casual Membership:
- Participation in any event
- Subscription to the weekly E-Bulletin (can opt out at any time)
- Online access to the quarterly national magazine The Australian Orienteer
- Opportunity to volunteer & insurance as a volunteer
Benefits & Costs of Full Club Membership:
Enjoy the same benefits as a casual member plus:
- Discounted Entry Fees for all events
- Becoming a part of a club community
- Group fitness and technical (skills) training opportunities (for example the Monday Afternoon Training Sessions)
- Option to get a hard copy of The Australian Orienteer
- Eligibility for State Schools, State and National Teams
- Eligibility for places in the Tasmanian Sprint, Middle and Long Championships
- Membership of OT as well
Full Club Membership is valid per calendar year, ending on 31 December (However - from 1 October, membership will be valid until the end of the following calendar year). The membership types and fees are:
- Adult Membership $50
- Junior/Concession Membership $25 (20 years or younger as at 31 December in the year of membership, or a Full Time Student or a holder of a Pension or Centrelink Healthcare Card)
- Family Membership $125 (includes parents, step-parents or guardians and their children aged 20 years or younger as at 31 December in the year of membership)
- Junior Membership Plus Free Local Event Entry $90 (a new type of membership for juniors that provides full club membership, free entry to all local events and discounted entry to state-wide 'OST' events - ideal for a junior orienteer who attends lots of local events and is not part of a ‘family membership’. Click this link for more information)