The information provided here will help you organise a successful event. A summary of what you need to do including timelines is listed in OT's Operational Manual's 2.06 Event Organisation Guidelines - PLEASE READ THIS FIRST. The guidelines refer to a number of other documents. These are listed below.
Event Types and Course Setting
- 2.02 Orienteering Course Planning Guidelines - The art of setting challenging but fair courses
- 2.08 Event Series And Types Guidelines - Includes course setting details for OST events
Permission, Access and Safety
- 2.10 Event Safety Policy - Always read this
- Authority to Conduct Orienteering Events on Reserved and Crown Land - If event is on land controlled by Parks & Wildlife
- Draft letter to Landowners seeking access
- 1.03a 2017-2018 Insurance Certificate of Currency - Some landowners ask for this
- 1.03b 2017-2018 Insurance Certificate of Currency Interested Parties
- Sample Risk Assessment for Orienteering Event - Particularly useful for remote events
- 1.09c Risk Assessment Form for Schools Orienteering when not on school grounds
- Incident Report Template - copies in Australopers Trailer
Preparing your Courses
- OST Class and Course Groupings for Condes - Use this before you design your OST courses
- Condes tips - helpful when finishing off prior to printing, but also worth reading before starting with Condes
Preparing Information About Your Event
- Event Information Flyer Template - Complete this and send it to the email addresses listed at the top of the template.
- OST Courses and Classes table - Can be copied into the template for OST events.
- Todays Event information - to be used on the "sandwich board" at the event.
- A Southern Tasmania Guide to Using Autodownload - Introduction to Autodownload
- Event Equipment, Trailer and Computer Setup (South) - Everything you wanted to know about setting up the Australopers trailer and Autodownload computers
- Dealing with New Memberships at Events - How to deal with memberships at events
- Results Processing & New Event Setup Procedures (South) - Steps for results processing post your event